Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A girl's best friend and I don't mean diamonds

Every girl dreams of owning a pair of Manolo Blahnik's. Now, thanks to a great friend with a serious shopping habit, I am one of those girls. Excitement is an understatement. ***Pause to feel jealous for just a moment***

Here is my best assessment of what happened. Friend got wide-eyed in Neiman's and made an impulse purchase. No judgement, we have all done it. Friend told herself they are a classic black pump....I will wear them everyday. Friend reasons with herself that she needs these shoes and that they are an investment. Continues to purchase. Friend gets home and realizes they really don't quite fit right. Friend (+ every woman I know) would rather die then admit this so she forces herself to wear them just to say she did not completely waste her money. Friend then wears them three maybe four times. Back in their pretty white box where they would live for the next year. How do I know this to be true? Because I am this woman. Maybe not with a $500 pair of black heels, but we have all made poor shoe buying choices and then regretted it. In this instance I love someone else's "poor choice" because yours truly is reaping all the benefits. Thank you, friend.

6 comments:

Mostly Clueless said...

Or maybe, my plan was to all along give you these shoes...I just wanted to wear them first. I guess we'll never know. ;)

Amanda Barefoot said...

I'm confused. who is this "friend"? is it me? because i bought some seriously ridiculous pointy toed red cutout pumps from Saks and nearly had to amputate my feet after wearing them for 3 hours. But they were only $200...i think. I don't even remember now. But my feet remember..and they are angry.

Amanda Barefoot said...

I'm a little slow. r u kidding me? AL...you gave Kathy your $500 shoes?

Mostly Clueless said...

It was a moment of weakness purchase and they have sat in my closet for at least a year. They deserved a new home and someone to wear them. What the heck was I gonna do with them?! I knew Kathy would love them....

Miles of Smiles said...

Can I come see them Kathy? I am jealous!

Jena Walla said...

I remember that same thing happened to my friend Monica Gellar-Bing.