Wednesday, February 24, 2010
It has been brought to my attention I have been slacking on my weekly PR blogs. I felt the need to explain my absence to the few of you that expressed how much you miss them. The truth is, I have been completely underwhelmed and rather disappointed by this season. When I say disappointed, I mean I've seen better fashion walking the streets of Oklahoma City. Harsh...maybe but I've never been one to sugarcoat things. Anyone who truly knows me knows I absolutely live and breathe fashion. I can't get enough. All facets of it interest me and Project Runway in some small way makes me feel one step closer. These are regular people trying to achieve their greatest ambitions. I admire that so much. Mainly because I LOVE clothes and it is so incredible to watch these designers, most who have no formal training, make wearable garments in one day. I am still holding out hope that every week is going to bring me back in and inspire me to blog about it again. What are your thoughts on the current season of Project Runway?
at 4:54 PM
Monday, February 22, 2010
I've always had a strange fascination with old type. It's just plain interesting. We may not share the same taste in music or books but Zach and I both love to peruse antique stores. We happened upon this old type at The Rink in Bethany. I went in looking for an old leather suitcase and left with $24 worth of old typeface. Good find. Good Sunday.
at 6:34 PM
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Last year I blogged my top songs of 2008. You can reflect here. Another year has passed and in keeping with tradition here's a quick rundown of some of my favorite music from 2009. Enjoy!
1. Atlas Sound - Shelia
2. Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros - Home
3. Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind (there is something wrong with you if you don't like this song)
4. Passion Pit - Sleepyhead or Moth's Wings
5. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest (whole album)
6. Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix (whole album)
7. Camera Obscura - French Navy
8. Modest Mouse - Satellite Skin
9. Animal Collective - Summertime Clothes
10. Regina Spektor - The Calculation
11. The xx - Islands
**Bonus song that I wish I owned - The xx did a remix of Florence And The Machine You've Got The Love. It is incredible.
12. Yeasayer - Ambling Alp
13. Neko Case - This Tornado Loves You
14. The Decemberists - The Rake Song
**I should mention....this was the ONLY song on this album that I liked. I was extremely disappointed in this album as a whole but thought this song was worthy of a nod.
15. Andrew Bird - Fitz & the Dizzyspells
16. M. Ward feat. Zooey Deschanel - Never Had Nobody Like You
17. Fanfarlo - Reservoir (whole album)
18. Julian Casablancas - Out of the Blue
19. Dirty Projectors - No Intention
20. Broken Bells - The High Road (Thanks, Layni!)
I compiled my list independently, not to be swayed by anything on the Internet. After I was done I went to Pitchfork to see what people nominated for 2009. I also looked on NPR: All Songs Considered (b/c Bob Boilen is a musical god). There were a few variations but all in all I was right on target. I think this means I am a trustworthy source with excellent musical taste and you should give at least 5 of these songs an honest listen. In closing, I have admitted my minor obsession with Lady GaGa. I just couldn't pick one song. You know you would be lying to yourself if you said you never drove to work in the morning humming Poker Face or belted out a few lines of Bad Romance while in the shower. Happy listening in 2010.
at 4:20 PM