My friend Ashley did this "25 things about me" on Facebook last week. I have known her for close to 16 years and learned a few things I didn't know about her. Interesting things and a few that made me laugh really hard. I thought this might be a good opportunity to share some things about the person that writes this blog. Maybe you will learn something interesting. Something that isn't in my generic "about me" section.
1. I have had the same 6 cd's rotating in my car for the last 4 or 5 months. I am too lazy to switch them out.
2. I am compulsive about stupid things. Such as, the grocery list. It must be written perfectly with no mistakes.
3. I love bread. And cheese.
4. I have a small obsession with shoes and purses. I own way too many.
5. I like to read, but don't do it near enough.
6. I love expensive clothes but rarely buy them b/c I wear something 5 times and am already sick of it.
7. I am very impatient - especially while driving.
8. I love coffee with cream and a smidge of sugar.
9. I am married to a wonderfully talented man.
10. I am a bit of a germaphobe. I want to shower when I get home from Wal-Mart. Gross.
11. I hate to make my bed.
12. Birds terrify me. It's silly I know. Once they swarm you........you never recover.
13. My Mom is one of my best friends. She is the best listener.
14. I own four pairs of TOMS. I tell myself every time I buy a pair "it's for the kids." See #4
15. I hate to clean up the kitchen after making dinner. It's the worst part of eating at home.
16. I can't swim very well even though I took swimming lessons as a child.
17. I wish I could play the piano.
18. I hate live TV now that we have DVR.
19. I love to read fashion magazines. I could sit for hours and look through them. I dog ear all the things I love.
20. I have two of the best in-laws a girls could ask for. I am very lucky.
21. I am definitely not a fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl..... I need a plan! I am married to someone who is the exact opposite.
22. I don't really care for ice cream but I love milkshakes.
23. Friday nights on the couch with a movie, the hubby and a pizza are the absolute best.
24. I would rather email than talk on the phone. I think I am turning into my Dad.
25. I love to gift wrap. My Mom always tells me I should start a business.
26. I have a very small family. I married someone with a HUGE family. It was overwhelming at first.
27. I think my brother might be one of the smartest people I know. My parents rank right up there.
28. I don't recycle. Isn't that awful.
29. I am really bad at math.
30. I could eat Chick-fil-A every single day.
31. I got my first cavity when I was 30. It was a rough day.
32. I decided this year that I don't really like my major. I wish I did.
33. My girlfriends are the best friends I have ever had. I feel blessed to call such strong, remarkable women my friends.
34. I like to garden. I never thought I would.
35. I love Vanilla Coke. I don't drink it very often.
36. I love to listen to really loud music while I clean the house.
37. I like XM Radio or Pandora....no commercials.
38. My husband bought me a fancy camera that I don't really know how to use.
39. I like to eat really salty french fries.
40. I like to read the actual newspaper. Not the news online.
41. I enjoy sending people personalized cards. I like to make them feel special.
42. I love to give the perfect gift. I enjoy the challenge of searching for it.
43. I like to sleep in but never can anymore.
44. My favorite movie in the 5th grade was Top Gun. I still cry when Goose dies.
45. My husband and I only dated for 8 months before we got engaged. It's the best relationship I have ever had.
46. Paseo Grill is my favorite restaurant. Vito's is a close second.
47. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love putting up all the decorations.
48. I hate taking down the Christmas decorations. It's depressing.
49. I am terrified to ride a roller coaster. Never have. Never will.
50. I like to take long hot showers.
51. We have a Stella scooter. I have only ridden on it twice. It scares me.
52. I once ran into Wayne Coyne in the airport and acted like a babbling idiot. I was star struck.
53. I hate the taste of artificial sweetener. I want the real stuff!
54. Sun tea in the summer with fresh mint is the my favorite.
55. I am a worrier.
56. I love to eat breakfast for dinner.
57. I hate to be cold.
58. I hate wind. Seriously, I live in the wrong state!
59. In the summer, I love to wear dresses and flip flops. It is shocking how many I own.
60. I don't like onions. The texture is gross.
61. I listen to NPR religiously. I used to make fun of people who listened to talk radio. Now I am one of them.
62. I hate to ride in the car on trips. It is boring.
63. I love British accents.
64. I could watch the movie Love Actually everyday. See #63
65. Lavender is one of my favorite scents.
66. I love to receive flowers but I think they are a waste of money.
67. The best Eggs Benedict I ever ate was in Wagoner, Oklahoma.
68. I really enjoy eating everything bagels even though they give you bad breath.
69. I like mismatched coffee mugs. Each one has character.
70. I drink hot tea when I am sick.
71. I have to have lipstick, gloss or chapstick on my lips at all times.
72. I shred all junk mail that is addressed to us. I realize I am a little paranoid.
73. I write everything down in a planner. I can't function without it.
74. I love to listen to Death Cab for Cutie in the summertime while drinking a Mojito.
75. I have a drawer solely devoted to candles.
76. I am a pack rat. Verification that I definitely am my father. That isn't a bad thing.
77. I never carry cash or I will spend it on stupid things.
78. I can eat an entire meal and my lipstick will still be perfect. Talent, I know.
79. I hate to pump gas.
80. I love to have a refrigerator full of food. Endless options.
81. I love my Mom's meatloaf sandwiches.
82. I wish I was one of those girls that mowed the lawn.
83. I despise the post office. It's like they hire the rudest people they can find.
84. I took 2 years of French and I can't speak a word.
85. Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are my favorite.
86. Becoming a parent someday terrifies me......so I try not to think about it.
87. I would get a massage every week if it weren't so expensive.
88. I don't watch scary movies and I hate haunted houses.
89. I do not like to be home alone.
90. I worked retail for 7 years and loved it.
91. My childhood pet was a dog named Heidi. She was my best friend.
92. I am dreading turning 32. Sometimes I wish I was still 25.
93. My first car was a maroon Pontiac Sunbird.
94. I miss owning a standard car.
95. I hate little paperclips. I only use the big ones at work.
96. Sometimes I like to stay in my jammies all day long and watch bad TV.
97. I have made one scrapbook. It was hard. I doubt I will make another one.
98. I used to deliver Meals on Wheels when I lived in Stillwater.
99. I like to dress up.
100. I love orange juice.