Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Uniform Project

A coworker sent me this link and said I should try this out. Here's the skinny....and yes, I am painfully aware of how behind the curve I am on this one.

Uniform Project™ started in 2009 when a young woman realized she was drowning in the uninspired doldrums of an advertising career. Creatively and ethically drained by the corporate world, she came up with an unusual creative challenge; to wear the same dress for an entire year–but, and this is where the real challenge came in, she’d have to make it look unique every single day. She also vowed to make the challenge more meaningful by turning it into a fundraiser to send less fortunate kids to school.

The Little Black Dress
The LBD was a button down reversible A-line, designed to be worn front to back or as an open tunic.
1 Dress. 365 Days. (it is worth watching!)

Uniform Project Picture Book from Uniform Project on Vimeo.


Although, I don't think this is something I have the time/creativity/energy for, I am moved at the creativity and passion this woman has. She took something she loves and turned it into something that brought a lot of happiness and good to less fortunate people. I thought about this all day. The goodness in people. It sounds corny but in a world where you don't hear a lot of "good" in the news, it's really refreshing and inspiring to hear about people like this who are making a difference in others lives and don't want anything in return.

1 comment:

The Hodges said...

Wow! This is so cool! I need her to come to my closet and give me some ideas of what to do w/ my clothes....