Thursday, March 26, 2009

My new stove

Maybe this is what I should make for dinner tonight on my new fancy stove!!!
Yum! Capers and chickpeas tossed in whole wheat pasta.

Since we are expecting snow this weekend. Here's a nice summer recipe for a
great variation of pesto. How I long to summer to arrive.

Citrus Pesto
1 bunch fresh basil - stemmed (about 3 cups)
1/2 pine nuts, toasted
1 clove garlic
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 orange, zested and juiced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup grated Parmesan

Blend all ingredients except EVOO and Parmesan. Then stream in the olive oil until creamy. Transfer to bowl and stir in Parmesan cheese.

Would be yummy slathered on a piece of fish or mixed in with some pasta and roasted veggies.
I am starving!


1 comment:

the sweetest girl you know said...

You got a fancy, new stove?! That is exciting. Your recipe sounds yummy. I might have to try it!