Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Challenge: An Update

Some of you may remember this post from way back in January. Here's my attempt at a very underwhelming update. First, publicly decreeing my plan to read 5 books in 2011 didn't make me magically start reading more. It did the opposite and actually made me want to read less. I am failing miserably at my book goal. Disappointing but honest.

With this being said, I did finish my first of five books.
Yup, one whole book. And I loved it.



Maybe it was the fact that I forced myself to finish the book before the movie comes out on August 10. Regardless, I loved it and can now partake in all the conversations surrounding this book. I am really looking forward to seeing who they select to portray these women on the big screen. 1 down, 4 to go.

2 comments:

Miss Marina Star said...

I also read (and loved this). Don't be discouraged. You'll get into the swing of reading in a bit. I have a new post coming out about the crazy reading I've been doing. I seem to have the exact opposite problem as you...I can't stop reading!

@okieprof said...

Zack needs to by you a calendar--at the Okc museum, 265 days of shoes.