Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We Will Become Silhouettes


I saw this on one of the sites I frequent this morning and it caught my eye. I can't believe these things are still around. My grandparents had something very similar in their house. Their framed silhouettes faced each other. I always thought they were kind of creepy.

Side note: In honor of Thanksgiving here is a piece of trivia I found to be extremely interesting. I was listening to NPR at lunch (The Splendid Table with Lynne Rossetto Kasper) and they were squashing urban "thanksgiving" myths. Most everyone knows that turkey contains an amino acid called Tryptophan which is believed to make us sleepy. Apparently, turkey contains no more Tryptophan than chicken, cheddar cheese or pork. Chances are it's not the turkey that is making you tired but the amount of food that you are intaking. That being said, Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Fawn said...

I've heard that. And can see where it would be true. I don't eat turkey and I am constantly tired at during the holidays. Or maybe I'm just lazy ...
You updating fool, you!