Thursday, November 6, 2008

Twilight

I am a little embarrassed to admit for a month I was completely obsessed with this series of books. They can be found in the "young adult" section at Barnes & Noble. I was originally drawn to them because of their beautifully designed covers but, never bought them because of obvious reasons. It wasn't until several co-workers talked me into giving them a try. I read the first book in one day and was completely hooked. Everywhere I go I see people reading these books. I saw a lady at the airport reading the third book and she had a least 20 years on me. In a matter of a week it turned into the Harry Potter (for girls) craze. The movie is set to release November 21st. I am not even sure I want to see it anymore. After all the craziness surrounding the popularity of this series....I think I would like to keep my thoughts on how I perceive the characters to look to myself. After all, is that not what makes reading so much fun?

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Nothing wrong with reading these books. Pretty sure I was doing it right along side you. But totally agree with character perception. I kind of like my mental version ...