Tuesday, January 3, 2012

This Is Where I Leave You


By now, most of you know or are wondering how my 2011 Book Challenge turned out. Two words. Utter failure. I wish I could blame it on the horrendous 7 week bout of morning sickness I was battling, but lets face it, I was on the road to bombing this challenge long before I was with child. I choose to focus on the positive......which is, I finished two books. Only one of which I had set out to read from the start. The second book just sort of happened. I had been recommended This Is Where I Leave You by a good friend almost two years ago. She was even kind enough to loan me her copy to read. After keeping it FOREVER, I returned it to her unread. Luckily, I had scored myself a paperback copy at the annual book sale for a quarter. There it sat on our bookshelf untouched until this last November. My father has become a reading machine and has been plowing through books faster than he can find something else to read. So, I gave him a few books and this just happened to be one he borrowed. He loved it. Laughed out loud at parts. Then my mom read it. Even purchased it as a birthday gift for someone. So, I starting reading it at Thanksgiving and I loved it. It is just my humor. Miss Marina Star you need to read this book. You won't be sorry. I know I owe you about five reads of recommended books at this point, but you will love this book.

2 comments:

Miles of Smiles said...

I am glad you liked it. Still one of my favorites.

Miss Marina Star said...

So when are you sending it to me?